Thursday, February 23, 2006

Harmony in Nature

My surroundings are an extension of me and harmonious surroundings can calm my mind and my body and help me create peace. Just as realizing that I am part of my government, I am also part of nature around me. I am an extension.

Feng Shui is the ancient Asian art of "right placement" to help create more harmony in life. A feng shui practitioner does more than just interior design. They look at the shape of the house and the balance of elements and try and bring that into alignment. While there are many books with "rules" for feng shui, the one I liked best was a quote in a small book that reminded me I must love whatever I was putting into my environment and therefore if I wasn't drawn to the traditional symbols, I shouldn't use them but rather a symbol that made sense to me.

Peace is about harmony within ourselves. We can only do so much. If we can create a peaceful surrounding, we can go a bit farther into peace inside ourselves. There are many good sites to read up on feng shui and I am not a practioner. I do know the chi-doc and he's got a site that can help those who are looking for more information on feng shui.

Remember, our surroundings are an extension of who we are. If they are not harmonious and peaceful, how can we expect to be?

4 Comments:

Blogger RenaRF said...

Hi Bonnie - I replied to your comment at my blog. Thanks so much for stopping by - yours is quite wonderful!

6:19 PM  
Blogger jwkoncape said...

Bonnie, Beautiful blog. You might want to visit www.plumvillage.org for more about Thich Nhat Hanh. If you have an opportunity to hear him speak in person, it is a wonderufl experience. --Jim

4:39 PM  
Blogger Scottage said...

Hi Bonnie,

Great Blog! I'm a big fan of feng shui, and hired someone to help design an apartment with feng shui in mind a couple homes ago. It really can be a peaceful environment. But being at peace because I'm at one with my government? Maaaaaaaaayyyyyybe not. At least, not until we have a democrat in the oval.

9:16 AM  
Blogger Bonnie said...

Thanks for the visit Scottage. The point I wanted to make about we the people is that the government is supposed to be working for us.. and if they aren't.. maybe we need to work harder to make them accountable.

In this day and age.. it's a challenge I know.

7:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home