Thursday, March 16, 2006

Quotes from Debbie Ford

In this week's newsletter, Debbie Ford talks about a book that she is quoted in. There are some great quotes from her work and I think they are thought provoking enough to share here.

Many of us are frightened to look within ourselves, and fear has us put up walls so thick we no longer remember who we really are.


Our society nurtures the illusion that all the rewards go to the people who are perfect. But many of us are finding out that trying to be perfect is costly.


I especially like the second quote from Debbie. We work so hard on our perfection, yet I think it is all of our imperfections that make us so lovable and endearing to the people around us. I hope that we can find a way to look inside ourselves and embrace our imperfections and enjoy them.

4 Comments:

Blogger Scottage said...

I think both you and she make a great point! I know that I have always been more-than-consumed with perfection, and it has often been a disservice to me. It tries my relationships, both personal and professional, and pushes me in directions that are not often the best ones. Both the quote and your post are excellent food for thought. Thanks for the post.

10:49 PM  
Blogger Scottage said...

One other thing, Bonnie...and I hope this isn't rude, but I'm a pretty regular reader of your site, and I've commented here before. I also blogrolled you a few weeks ago. If it wouldn't be rude, could I request you blogroll me as well? If you don't want to, I understand completely. Sorry if this is rude.

10:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is really no such thing as perfection; rather it is the quest to reach perfection that is the most admirable trait in a person.

A lot of people are okay with the way they are, and they have no real aspirations or dreams. So, instead of seeing their imperfections and the negative effects they have on people, they leave things be and are quite content with themselves.

I like people who try to reach perfection ("try" being the keyword). While there is never any end in sight, it is the journey and effort that matters.

1:51 AM  
Blogger Bonnie said...

Thank you both for your comments--and that is correct--to try to reach perfection, however many people make it such a a goal to be perfect that they wallow in self hatred and don't see their own beauty.

Scottage-you are now up on the blogroll. I send a note over to you to say I had planned on adding you but got interrupted before getting a url. Problem of seeing most of the blogs I read via blogexplosion (and very often too lazy to blogmark)

7:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home