Monday, May 22, 2006

A Gratful Moment

I want to take this post to say thank you to a faceless stranger for being so honest. We had a garage sale this weekend. She was looking for yard stuff. I had a few pots that we hadn't gotten around to putting out so I went to our front porch and grabbed them. She liked them all and I sold them to her. One had a plastic bag in it and I thought, as it had been on the porch for awhile it was just some garbage that blew in there. So did she.

She took them home and found that there was about $20 of rolled coins in that bag. She came by the next day and double checked that we were the sale that had sold her the pots. She came by later that night to return our rolled coins.

I don't typically roll coins, but my partner does and he had moved them from the floor of his trunk and into the pot. It's unlikely we would ever have noticed the loss of the money. I am just touched that someone would go out of their way to be so honest about that. I wish I could do something more to thank this woman because I feel so honored that a person like this would walk into my life.

I tend to say something about change. If I had been her and looked before getting home I'd have returned the money. I'm not sure I'd have made a special trip to return it. It really makes me think. I'm grateful that she is a more honest person that I.

1 Comments:

Blogger Patty said...

I think it wonderful that there are still honest people out there. Like yourself I often wonder if I found something would I return it to the owner. I like to think I would, but it does make one wonder.
Great blog, I am Maggie (the cat) mom and I wanted to stop in and say hi.

10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home