Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Procrastination

I realized something today. I had been putting off a task and then when I finished it, I felt very energized. I thought about how we procrastinate and how our mind tends to think of that task left undone. It's harder to meditate and concentrate on the moment becuase we know we have something that "should" be done. If we really "should" be dong it, then why don't we?

Having finally finished the task, I am amazed at how much energy I have. It's like I just drank a huge tub of cola drink! I'm not good with caffeine but that's how I felt. However this energy seemed real. It seemed positive. Think of the energy we waste worrying about the task that ought to be done or "should" be done and how much more we might have if we just went out and did the task in the first place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home