Thursday, October 27, 2005

Down time

I get to have a vacation coming up. I kept thinking I had to come up with some wonderful post so that folks will keep coming back while I am gone, but I haven't had any inspiration. It's difficult to be creative and mindful when you are running around trying to get everything done. However, it did all get done and there is still some time.

I don't take time off very often. When I am gone, so often I am at a seminar or something rather than taking time to rejuvenate. For me, this is a gift.

I realize as I type that, that creating peace within ourselves means that we have daily moments of mindfulness, where we are able to go internally and be still. I try and honor that daily or almost daily. We should also have time each week when we are able to get away from our worries and cares and get even more in touch. I do try and do that though not weekly. I think I succeed at least monthly. Now and then I suspect it is important to get even farther away and forget all our responsibilities and work on being kids again, just having fun. I hope to do that for this next week.

The rest of you readers, I hope that you are able to have those moments planned sometime and remember to take care of yourself. I know it's easy to forget that as I have tended always tended to. Still such moments are good for our bodies as well as our spirits.

3 Comments:

Blogger EKENYERENGOZI Michael Chima said...

Thank you.

10:40 AM  
Blogger bonnie said...

Hi Bonnie, I'm Bonnie! I saw your comment over on Courting Destiny where I also made a couple of comments...wonder if we confused anyone? Maybe I will start hyphenating, call myself Bonnie-Frogma. Anyhoo, nice to meet you. I'm not always as psychotic as I was in my comment - it just makes me boil over when people just want to frickin' forget about Osama Bin Laden. Yeesh. Seriously, that business of Mindflame's saying that "Osama's just a symbol"...arrrrgh. That's the sort of thing that just makes me dizzy with anger. If Pia hadn't been having such problems with nastiness in her comments, which she keeps desperately trying to steer over to Bring It On, I would have had a lot more to throw back at that guy than just a link to a Guardian article quoting the Iraqi PM as wanting US troops out ASAP.

Anyways, nice to meetcha!

9:17 PM  
Blogger Bonnie said...

Bonnie, I don't usually use my real name, but in blogger it comes up... And I wanted to do it here with this blog because it seems important to be real. I think it's good to confuse people sometimes--it makes them think!

Am off to catch up on Courting to see what I've missed...

7:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home