Thursday, September 15, 2005

Thinking about the Dalai Lama

I'm thinking about the Dalai Lama. I think about him when I read my favorite political blogs, who agitate for us to make major changes. I think about him when I am tempted to make more political entries in my blog. I am trying to limit my political commentary to linking to my favorite sites as this isn't really a political blog, per se. It's about creating peace, both inside ourselves and in the world.

I think about the Dalai Lama. He was a world leader. His country is gone and his culture is being plundered. Yet through whatever media you see him, there is a serentiy about his nature. I am awed that this man who has lost everything can write a book titled The Art of Happiness.

It's not a book about the happiness as we think of happiness. For this man, I think the art comes from having peace inside the self. He is at peace. I refer anyone really wishing to pursue a greater self peace to start reading. It's not really a book on Buddhism, but a book for everyone to start finding greater peace from the inside.

2 Comments:

Blogger Chandira said...

Yes. Good post. I wrote a similar hting a few days back on how negative everybody's getting. Easy to get sucked into the politics, hey? It's all just part of the dream. real freedom isn't going to come through ANY politician.

1:34 PM  
Blogger Bonnie said...

If only we could actually start getting out there and being positive-

Thank you for the comment!

5:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home