Friday, October 07, 2005

What makes us peaceful?

Today might be a good day to consider those things that allow us to be more peaceful inside. Is it meditation? It's unlikely to be running around but rather something that allows us to be still inside.

Some people might find that stillness in hiking in the mountains, camping or sitting with a good book and a cup of hot cocoa. I do like my moments of meditation, where I sit with stillness, there are other ways of finding peace.

I look forward to the snows this winter because I find skiing peaceful. I downhill ski on weekdays at one of our local ski areas. There aren't so many people tearing down the mountain faster, pushing you on. It's a good day to enjoy the scenery and get into what skiing feels like for my body. I can be one with the hill in the way I can't on a busy weekend.

What do you enjoy that makes you one with something greater than yourself? Take a moment this weekend to see what it is and make a plan to get out and do it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home